Stocks in Asia rose on Wednesday. U.S. futures advanced, while bond yields gained amid concerns over aggressive monetary tightening.
Shares were higher in Japan and Australia. S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 futures gained. The Nasdaq 100 fell for the fourth month in five.
The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early barometer of India’s benchmark Nifty 50, fell 0.72% to 16,440 points as of 6:40 a.m.
Oil rose above $115 a barrel ahead of a meeting of ministers from the group on Thursday to discuss its supply policy for July.Nifty Weekly Forecast: Trading Zone 17,100—15,200 – Neal Bhai
- Vodafone Idea: The company denied media reports that said that Vodafone Idea is in talks with Amazon and other investors to raise Rs 20,000 crore. “Currently, there is no proposal as reported by the media that is being considered by the Board,” it said.
- HFCL: The company has received order worth Rs 237.25 crore from a domestic private telecom operator for supply of Optical Fibre cables.
- Rail Vikas Nigam: Joint venture RVNL-Bhartia was awarded a letter of acceptance for construction of single line BG tunnel by Northeast Frontier Railway. The total estimated cost of the project is Rs. 560.26 crore.
- Bharat Dynamics: The company has signed a contract worth Rs 2,971 crore with the Ministry of Defence for supply of ASTRA MK-I Beyond Visual Range Air to Air Missile and associates equipments to Indian Air Force & Indian Navy.
- Bank of Baroda: The bank revised dividend to Rs 2.85 per share of face value of Rs 2 each.
- Asian Granito: Search Operation was carried out by Income Tax Department at various locations of the company during the period from May 26-31.
- Somany Ceramics: Company’s Chief Financial Officer Saikat Mukhopadhyay has resigned with effect from May 31.
- Bata India: To sell 2.8% stake at floor price of Rs 1,750 (7% discount)