Tata Motors Ltd. reported a 54% year-on-year increase in total domestic sales aided by strong demand for its passenger car business and revival of commercial vehicle segment.
Tata Motors Domestic Sales Rise
- Total domestic sales rose to 58,473 units in February, compared to 38,002 units last year.
- Car sales more than doubled to 27,225 units in February, highest in nearly nine years.
- Total domestic commercial vehicle sales rose 22% to 31,248 units from 25,572 units last year.
- Commercial vehicle export rose 27% to 2,718 units.
TVS Motor Sales Up 18% In February
TVS Motor Company reported a 18% increase in total sales to 297,747 units in February. The Chennai-based two and three-wheeler maker had sold a total of 253,261 units during the same period last year.
The total two-wheeler sales during the month stood at 284,581 units as against 235,891 units last year, up by 21%.
The domestic two-wheeler sales stood at 195,145 units last month, up 15%, as compared to 169,684 units sold during the same period last year, as per the filings made by the company.
- Total exports went up 23% to 101,789 units in February, compared to last year.
- Motorcycles sales rose 16% to 137,259 units in February.
- Scooter sales jumped 56% to 95,525 units in February.
- Three-wheeler sale fell 24.2% to 13,166 units in February.
Royal Enfield’s Domestic Sales Rise 10%, Exports Nearly Double
Eicher Motor Ltd. saw sales of Royal Enfield motorcycles rose 10% in February, led by an increase in deliveries of models with engine capacity of upto 350cc. Royal Enfield, the maker of India’s cult cruiser motorcycles, saw its sales rose to 69,659 units compared with 63,536 units it sold in February last year.
On month-on-month, sales rose 1.12% over January.
Sales of models with engine capacity up to 350 cc rose 12% to 64,362 units.
Sales of models with capacity over 350cc fell 15% to 5297 units.
Exports nearly doubled to 4,545, sequentially it only rose 0.6% over January.