The 45th annual general meeting (AGM) of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), India’s largest company in terms of market-capitalisation, has commenced. RIL Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani will deliver the keynote address.
The event is being keenly tracked by investors and analysts, who are expecting major announcements similar to the previous years. In the AGM held in 2021, the conglomerate’s entry into green energy was announced, while in 2020, the induction of Google as a
minority investor was declared at the meeting.
- Hope to switch to hybrid mode for AGM next year.
- Uncertainty due to geopolitical tensions prevalent.
- See serious economic stress in many parts of the world
- RIL added 2,32,000 new jobs in the past year.
- About 421 million mobile broadband subscribers on Jio.
- Jio has more than 1.1 million route km fibre network.
- Saw acceleration in adoption of Jio Fiber.
- India still lags behind rest of the world in terms of fixed broadband.
- Jio Fiber has over 7 million connected premises in Indai
- Jio 5G services to build on success of 4G
- Jio 5G can connect 100 million homes.
- Reliance Jio to invest Rs 2 lakh crore for 5G network.
- Jio to deploy latest 5G version with no 4G dependence.
- Jio to launch 5G services by Diwali
- Jio 5G will be available across all cities and towns by December 2023.
- Jio to deliver pan-India 5G services by December 2023.
- Jio has developed end-to-end 5G stack.
- Jio alone has the 700 Mega Hertz spectrum.
RIL Working With Google On 5G Smartphone Rollout
- Working with Google on ultra-affordable 5G phones.
- Jio 5G partners include Meta, Google, Intel, Microsoft.
- Reliance Jio announces partnership with Qualcomm.
- Working with Intel on several applications.
Mukesh Ambani, Chairman, Reliance Industries