Bank Nifty Futures POSITIONAL TRADERS Target 37500 ABOVE 35700, BUY ON DIPS
Indian equities opened higher for the sixth straight day, extendng gains from their best weekly advance in 10 months.
The S&P BSE Sensex opened 0.8% higher at 51,146 while the NSE Nifty 50 index opened above the mark of 15,000 at 15,064, up 1%.
Among the sectoral indices, the Nifty Bank index opened with gains of over 400 points or 1.2% above the mark of 36,000 while the PSU Bank index also gained 1.3% at the start of trade.
Nifty I.T. and Nifty Media indices were up 1% each while Metals and Pharma indices gained 0.7% each.
Broader markets have opened in-line with the benchmark indices. The Nifty Midcap index opened 0.9% higher while the Smallcap index gained 0.9% at the start of trade.
Indices At Record High
- Sixth day of gains for Sensex, Nifty
- Nifty up 1.2% at 15,095
- Sensex up 1.2% at 51,327
- Nifty Bank up 1.7% at 36,267
- Nifty Midcap index up 1.3%
- Nifty Smallcap index up 1.2%
- India Volatility Index up 2.5% to 24
- Nifty Auto index is the top sectoral gainer; up 2.6%
- Nifty Realty index gains 1.4% while Metal index is up 1.1%
- Mahindra & Mahindra is the top Nifty gainer; up 7.5%
- 43 out of the 50 index constituents are advancing
- UPL is the top Nifty laggard; down 1%
- 1,266 stocks on the NSE trade with gains while 481 are declining